Monday, February 4, 2013

"Father of the Bride"

When I was a little kid one of my favorite movies was Father of the Bride. I've probably seen this movie a few dozen times and I have all of the best parts memorized. I've always known that the 1991 version with Steve Martin was a remake, but I didn't know anything about the original. I put the original 1950 version with Spencer Tracy on my "movies to watch" list since I've been on a classic movie kick this past year. 
On Christmas day I took a little break from all of the craziness and escaped to my room for a little quiet time in the afternoon. Chandra and Sharon came with me and we turned on the original Father of the Bride. It was hilarious! Lots of times remakes really aren't a thing like the original, but the 1991 version was very similar to the original, and there were a lot of the exact same lines/scenarios. Nothing is ever top Steve Martin's Father of the Bride, in my opinion, since that's what I grew up loving, but I thoroughly enjoyed the original.
Elizabeth Taylor as the bride in the original movie:

2 comments:

nicole said...

Remakes tend to send one looking for the original.

Batting Second said...

Oh, I love the remake father of the bride! I should watch the original too. Thanks for the idea :)

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...