Friday, January 13, 2017

Elizabeth's 16th Birthday

My niece, Elizabeth, turned 16 on December 27. It's so fun to be able to celebrate her birthday with her each year, since we've spent the majority of our Christmases (and December 27's) together. I was 16 when Elizabeth was born, so she's now the same age I was when she was born. That makes me feel a little old!

Elizabeth wanted orange chicken with rice pilaf for her birthday dinner, and my brother-in-law also made gyoza (pronounced like "jowdza"), which are like potstickers. Everything was so tasty, and I've been hankering for more ever since!
Next Elizabeth opened her cards and presents:
She got some earrings and a nice jewelry box:
And a special present for her 16th birthday…
…a pair of emerald earrings:
Elizabeth and her mom, Christian and Matt, and E with Aunt Chan:
A few of us went to the movies for Elizabeth's birthday outing, and we saw Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I fell asleep in the the movie, but I still enjoyed it!

2 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Oh I feel the same, I was 15 when my little sister was born! I see fun in all the pics. Great memories

Danielle McGinnis said...

Happy 16th birthday to Elizabeth! It's nice to see you blogging again Heather. Thank you for sharing pictures of your beautiful family!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...