Monday, January 18, 2010

What I've been up to

I didn't feel very well last week, so I didn't feel very motivated to do much when I was on my computer. (That's why it took me four days to finish the post where I wrote about going to Shepherd Center for rehab!) It was odd, actually, to feel poorly because I usually am in top notch health, which is truly amazing considering the fact that I'm a quadriplegic. It wasn't anything serious, but my body ached and I was quite tired. Anyway, I'm glad to be feeling well again.

This past Friday I had a game night to help celebrate my friend Barbara's birthday and my brother-in-law Brett's birthday. We had a couple yummy desserts and we spent time visiting, playing and hanging out. The game we played was Catch Phrase. It actually isn't one of my favorites because it's hard for me to be an active participant in this game when there are lots of people playing. (There were 17 of us playing, so the noise level escalated quickly, and my voice kind of got lost in the chaos of the game.) Everyone had fun, though, so that made me happy. Here are a couple of pictures from the game night:

On Saturday afternoon I went to the movies and saw The Lovely Bones with my sister Chandra and my friend Lacee. The movie was good, but not great, but I'm still glad that I could go and see it. I've mentioned it many times, but I love movies! One of my 2010 goals is to see at least 25 movies in the theater this year. I've seen four so far, and it's only January 18, so I'm well on my way to meeting my goal! (You might be wondering what the four movies are: Avatar, The Blind Side, Invictus and The Lovely Bones.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...