Tuesday, December 18, 2012

"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"

Last Saturday afternoon my sister Chandra and I went to the movies and we saw The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. I've been looking forward to seeing this movie ever since I heard about it earlier this year and I had high hopes, especially since I really enjoyed the Lord of the Rings movies so well. The Hobbit is made by Peter Jackson (the same guy behind the Lord of the Rings movies) so I'm glad about that because I just don't think anyone else could make them as good as he.

I had to read The Hobbit in my eighth grade English class with my teacher, Mr. Fisher, who loved The Hobbit. I remember not being crazy about the book when we read it in his class back then, but since I planned on seeing The Hobbit I decided to give it another try. I listened to the audio book last month and enjoyed it much more this time around than I did when I was 13. Tolkien isn't my favorite, but I listened to the three Lord of the Rings books back in 2005 after I saw the movies and I thought that they were okay. Tolkien isn't really my cup of tea, but I wanted to read the books just once to say that I'd read them (and now I can add The Hobbit to the list, too).

When I first found out that the The Hobbit was being into a movie I was really surprised to find out that they weren't just making the book into one movie, or even two… it's being made into THREE movies! The first movie is three hours, too, so it's not like they are short, either. Three movies (especially long ones) seems a little much, in my opinion, especially since The Hobbit really isn't all that long of a book.

Anyway, I really liked the movie and it definitely gets my recommendation, especially if you liked the Lord of the Rings movies.I can't wait to see the next two Hobbit movies to see how they all go together. Heather's rating: 9/10 stars

1 comments:

Unknown said...

My hubby and I went to see it opening weekend. We are big Lord of the Rings fans. We liked it a lot, but still prefer LOTR.

Happy New Year. Hope you had an excellent Christmas.

Love,

Your Utah Friend

Tina

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...