Thursday, April 15, 2010

Something to Think About

When I was at the Galleria last Saturday I saw a poster in a store window that said, "What brings you joy?" and there was a picture of a pair of stiletto heels under the words. I immediately thought, "I know what brings ME joy." Although there are a lot of tangible things that bring me joy, the thing that brings me the most joy is my knowledge of who I am and what life is all about.

I know that life on earth is just a mandatory stepping stone to get everyone to the next life. It seems like so many people in the world think that when they die that's the end of their life. What a depressing thought! I'm so glad that I know that there is so much more to life than the living we do here on earth. If I didn't know this I would feel very angry that my one chance at life was drastically altered through no fault of my own. I would feel bitter that I wouldn't be able to experience all of the things that life has to offer.

I'm one of the happiest people I know and I think a lot of other people would be happier if they knew what I know. It's true that "bad things happen to good people." However, when bad things happen and when trials come it's at that time that you can either embrace your challenges and become a better person, or you can let your challenges make you bitter. The latter is probably in the easier option, but for me personally, I know I would be missing out on so many awesome opportunities if I didn't try to make the very best of my situation. I hope I don't sound too pious or like I'm doing a better job than everyone else, but I know if I can be happy and positive, you can too! Sometimes life seems like a long, never ending road, but with a positive attitude and a reliance on the Lord I know ALL things are possible, no matter how daunting they seem!

This is what brings me the most joy!

1 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...