Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Birds

If you're a regular reader of my blog, then you know how much I dislike spring! (Click here to find out why.) One of the things that I don't like about spring is birds. You might be wondering what's so wrong with birds, because they seem innocent, cute and playful, but they aren't! I'll tell you why I have a grievance against birds: they are so loud and often wake me before I'm ready to get up!

Here's a funny story about how my dislike of birds began. Before my accident I worked at a movie theater as an assistant manager. I would often have to close on Friday night which meant I wouldn't get home until 1 AM or so. I'd go to bed completely exhausted after a full day of school and then a full evening of work at the theater. Inevitably, I'd be woken up early the next morning by the incessant chirping of birds. One Saturday I woke up on the "wrong side of the bed" because nature's natural alarm clock started going off way too early and my sleep was disrupted. You'd think that if you were tired enough you'd be able to tune out the birds, but I couldn't. Anyway, I got up and I remember telling my sister Chandra, "I hate birds!" I was perfectly serious, but she thought it was so funny, and it's something that we still laugh about today.

When I was in Mississippi last weekend it was definitely spring and the birds knew it! They were so loud, especially on Sunday morning. From the sound of things, I could've sworn that I was in the tropical rain forest!

Bring on the beautiful flowers and the warmer temperatures, but birds, please be quiet!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Earplugs! I highly recommend them. :)

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...