Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Yesterday was such a lovely day! Even though I'm not a mother, I love Mother's Day because it's a day to honor mothers and women in general. My mom spoke in church and gave a really good talk. The weather was absolutely beautiful, so I sat outside for a while after church and took the opportunity to take a few pictures. My mom is wearing a new shirt that I bought her for Mother's Day; she looked great in it!
Here are the tulips and irises that my sister Sharon sent our mom. They were absolutely beautiful, but they didn't last very long enough. I love, love, love flowers but I seriously feel sad when they die! 
With that in mind, that's why my sister Kristin's Mother's Day gift to our mom was so perfect: paper roses that stay beautiful and never die! Kristin is a jack of all trades and is so talented. She recently learned how to make paper roses (from this website) and has made at least 80 of them in the past few weeks. She made a beautiful wreath for our mom which mom decided to hang in our downstairs bathroom.  Also pictured is the Mother's Day card Kristin made for mom, and a paper rose wreath Kristin made for her front door.
 
Kristin also sent me some a few roses which I have in my room. I told Kristin that they are like paper endorphins because it seriously makes me happy to look at them! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

Lucky and blessed are we that are wrapped in our mother's love!
-Kathy

Unknown said...

Heather,

I love coming to your blog and seeing more followers. You deserve it!

Love,

Your Utah Friend

Tina

Audra Laney said...

Heather,

My name is Audra, and I'm from MS. I ran across your story tonight from the comment section of 71 Toes's photo tip post from Pinterest. (Whew! Did you get all that?!) I just had to stop and tell you how much I've been encouraged and inspired by your story. I read the whole "accident and recovery" series on the right of your blog and then bounced around to read some more! Your faith and positive attitude have convicted and encouraged me tonight. You are absolutely a beautiful woman, and God is using you in a big, big way. I love your recent mother's day pictures. You are quite a beauty and I can see so much of your mom in you! Thank you for your candidness in your writing. I always appreciate that in the blogging world where we can choose only to disclose the superficial; but you've chosen to be open and it creates such a depth and beauty to your writing. May God bless you as you serve him by continuing to be a testimony!

Audra
www.andrewaudra.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...