Wednesday, July 11, 2012

If a Tree Falls in the Forest…

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? I'd be inclined to say yes, but I guess only God can say for certain!
My mom and I sometimes watch Jeopardy! in the afternoon while she does my afternoon routine. I'm definitely not a smarty-pants and I'm just of average intelligence, so I don't think I'd do so well as a contestant, unless I were playing in the kids tournament! That being said, I always get a thrill when I know the answer to the questions, especially the questions that are worth more money (since the more they're worth the more difficult they are). The crème de la crème is when I know the answer to the Final Jeopardy question. More often than not I don't know it, but I've surprised myself (and Mom) several times lately. Maybe I'm smarter than I give myself credit for! ;)

So my question is, if a person knows the answer to a Jeopardy! question and nobody is around to witness you blurt out the answer, does it still count? Watching Jeopardy!  by myself isn't nearly as fun as watching it with someone else because there's no one to high-five me when I come up with the answer to the more difficult questions.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree - there has to be someone there to hear it. It just doesn't feel the same to be alone and call it out...although it feels good internally for a brief second, there is nothing like outsmarting or just making sure someone else hears that you have a little bit of intelligence about you...

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...