Tuesday, September 4, 2012

"Legend"

Last week I was searching iTunes for a new audio book to listen to and I came across Legend by Marie Lu. The description sounded good, so I decided to give it a go. I really liked, so I thought I'd give it a shout out on my blog to help "spread the word" to anyone who may be looking for something new to read. This book was published last November, but I hadn't heard of it until last week. I think it's even in the early stages of being made into a movie.
Here's a short synopsis of the book: "What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

"From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths--until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets."

The dystopian society/post-apocalyptic feel to this book is very similar to The Hunger Games and Divergent, so if you enjoyed those books, you'll most likely enjoy Legend. Be aware that this is the first book in a series and it ends in a cliffhanger. (The next book, Prodigy, will be released on January 29, 2013.) If you're the kind of person that has to have closure at the end of a book, I'd wait until all of the books are out before starting this series. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...