Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Yesterday was Mother's Day and it was such a perfect day. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. The sky was so blue, the sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was actually kind of chilly, but it wasn't too bad in the sun.

I'm so thankful to have such a good mother. I don't know what I would do without this lady! Here she is in her new Mother's Day dress. Isn't she cute? I'm proud to have such a cute mama. She is so classy and has great figure for a woman of her age.
Here's a few pictures of my mom, Channie and me after church:
This year I picked up a small token of love for my mom when I was at the dollar store: a Chunky candy bar. The only reason I even know what a Chunky is, is because I've heard my mom talk about them before. She's said that when my dad was still alive and they would stop at the gas station so my dad could fill the van with gas it always seemed to take him forever. Mom would be left in the van with a  car full of restless girls while Dad leisurely and meticulously washed all of the van windows. Dad would often return to the van and slip a Chunky into Mom's hand. I've never seen Chunkys at the store before, so when I saw one while checking out at the dollar store I knew I had to get one for Mom as a little Mother's Day gift from my Dad via me. It was truly a thoughtful gift from the heart, so even though it cost less than a dollar, it was a perfect gift and Mom loved it.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

You really DO have a wonderful Mom! And I just might have to check our Chunky. Never tried them:-)

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

I'm glad you posted this, because it reminds me that I was going to tell your mom how cute she looked on Sunday!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...