Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"Prodigy"

Now that I'm finally finished listening to Les Misérables, I've had more time to listen to some of the other books that have been piling up on my "to read" list. In the past month I've listened to three books (and I'm working on my fourth). This feels like a lot since it took me three months to listen to one book (granted, Les Misérables was nearly 60 hours and very complex/deep compared to the light-hearted pieces of fiction I'm currently listening to).
Two of the books I've recently listened to are Legend and its sequel, Prodigy. I listened to Legend  last September, but I wanted to listen to it again to refresh my memory before starting on Prodigy. When I'm reading a book series I'm always nervous to read the subsequent books, especially if I've enjoyed the first book. Thankfully, I wasn't disappointed in Prodigy It picked up right where Legend left off and was a suspenseful, fast-paced read with another cliffhanger ending. Now, the true test will come when I read the third and final book. I've really enjoyed the first two books, so I hope I'm not disappointed in the way the trilogy ends. Champion is set to be released in November and I can't wait to read it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...