Thursday, October 24, 2013

Let Them Eat Cake!

Chandra's boyfriend gave her some cupcakes from Jilly's Cupcake Bar last week when Grandma and Grandpa were visiting, and Chandra was kind enough to share them with the rest of us. I was already back in bed the night we ate the cupcakes, so my mom brought them into my room so that I could be part of the action. These cupcakes are extra big, so my mom was able to cut each cupcake five ways so that we could try each one. We all tasted the same one at the same time and then compared it to the other ones we'd eaten. It was so much fun. (Click HERE to read about my first experience with Jilly's Cupcakes.)

I thought it was cute when my grandpa said, "This is an event to remember!" It really was memorable, and I'm sure we'll remember it for a long time.
The cupcakes come in some unique flavors. Several of the ones we tried were seasonal flavors that are only available certain times of the year. Our favorite was the Turtle Cheesecake cupcake, closely followed by the Reese's Chunkage cupcake.
Our next favorite was the 24-Karat Carrot Cupcake. It was really good, and I don't even like carrot cake! We also liked the Oreo S'more cupcake. It was a little unusual, but it was really good.
Pumpkin flavored things usually aren't my favorite, but this Pumpkin Cheesecake cupcake was pretty good, especially since it had caramel sauce inside. We also tried the Carmel Apple cupcake. It was good, but not my favorite. The last one was called the Trick-Or-Treat cupcake. It was decorated to look like a little pail of candy. It wasn't a fancy flavor, though; just chocolate cake with (orange) vanilla butter cream frosting, but it was good.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those look delicious!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...