Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Belly Rub

My younger sister Chandra is 9 months pregnant, and I always beg her to pose for pictures for me. I always say, "Please…It's for posterity's sake! You know your son is going to want to know what you looked like pregnant!" She always says, "Next time, when I have make up on," which is just her way of getting out of it! She doesn't think she looks that great, but I think she looks wonderful. She consented to pose for these pictures two weeks ago (when she was 35 weeks along):
I definitely understand about being picky about the way you look in pictures, because I'm probably one of the most picture-picky people I know, but even Chandra gives me a run for my money in this department, which is CRAZY, since she is one of the prettiest people I've ever seen.

Chandra hit the 37 week mark yesterday, so her baby will be here in a month or less. I'm really excited, and I can't wait to see what her little man looks like; I know he will be adorable! Chandra is excited to finally have a biological relative with her same DNA. This is something I've never thought about, until she mentioned the novelty of it soon after letting the word out that she was pregnant.

I know that most pregnant women don't like their bellies touched, but Chan lets me feel her belly and rubs my hand over it when she helps with my afternoon routine. Her belly feels so firm and interesting! It's the closest I'll ever get to knowing what a pregnant belly feels like. I always hope that I'll feel her baby give a little kick, but I haven't gotten that lucky yet.
The little guy is due on September 7—Labor Day!

1 comments:

This American Wife said...

Congratulations, Chandra! Parenting is certainly one of life's greatest adventures! Good luck.

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...