Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Jared for President!

Several weeks ago, my sister Kristin told me that her son, Jared (who is in fifth grade), wanted to run for student council president. I was a little surprised, but I thought it was great. Each student that was running for a student council office was allowed to make up to six posters to hang around the school for their "campaign." Jared, Kristin, and my brother-in-law, Scott, put their heads together to come up with a good idea for Jared's posters. Jared loves video games (as a lot of young kids do), so they decided to make Jared's posters look like Nintendo Switch devices. Making these posters was a family affair, and everyone in the family did something to help. When Kristin sent me pictures of the finished product, I thought they turned out SO well, and I was really impressed with them.
Jared also had to write an essay, and also a speech that he would deliver to the student body. He worked hard to write a good speech, and he practiced it at home many times, so that he could work on his delivery. (Nothing is worse than listening to and seeing someone give a talk or a speech, and they mumble, speak too quickly, fail to enunciate their words, or forgot to make eye contact with their audience!) My sister went to the school to listen to the kids' speeches, and she said that Jared did great!
Sadly, Jared was not elected to be the student council president. :-( He was pretty crushed when he found out, but he was a good sport about it. I know he would've done a great job, and I was just so proud of him for giving it a shot, and working so hard. Jare is a great kid, and I'd vote for him any day!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Those signs are absolutely AMAZING! I know he would have had the votes of the Celeslie family! I cannot wait to show Keith those signs. The Nintendo Switch is the first game system our family purchased and they love it! I love that the entire thing was a family affair...<3

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...