Sunday, November 8, 2020

Goodbye, Alex!

I was saddened to hear the news this afternoon that Alex Trebek died today at the age of 80. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year, and I knew he would most likely die, since pancreatic cancer is so deadly (that's what my dad died of). Part of what kept Alex going during his illness was his work on Jeopardy!, which he had been hosting since 1984. Alex was still in the studio filming new episodes of Jeopardy! as recently as 10 days ago. He was a one-of-a-kind icon and will be greatly missed!

I loved watching the Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time tournament earlier this year. It was great fun to tune in each night, and I was so happy that my old pal Ken Jennings won the tournament. Ken gets my vote to fill Alex's large shoes as the host of Jeopardy!. I doubt this will happen, but if I had my way, it would!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

He will be missed by many. I didn't know he had been in the studio so recently. Wow. He certainly fought hard.

Anonymous said...

I was also saddened when mom told me he had passed. He touched the lives of so many people, and had such a positive influence with Jeopardy bringing families together to watch the episodes. He will truly be missed! ~Stacy

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...