Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Going to New Moon

Last night I went to the movies to see New Moon with my younger sister Chandra and three of my friends. I went to the movie theater in Arnold where I used to work. I haven't seen a movie there since before my accident, so it was fun to be in my old theater again. My friend Lacee's brother works there, so he let us in for free. (That was nice since movies are $9 now!)

Chandra and I watched Twilight this past weekend so that I could refresh my memory for New Moon. (And also so that Chandra could see Twilight for the first time -- she hasn't ever read the books, either.) I watched Twilight earlier this year when it came out on DVD, and I thought it was alright. It definitely wasn't as good as the book (movies rarely are) and there were a lot of things about the movie that I didn't like. That being said, I liked Twilight so much better the second time around. Since my expectations weren't as high, I didn't feel disappointed after I watched it like I did the first time. We also watched all of the special features on the DVD which were actually pretty cool, in my opinion.

I'd heard from a lot of people that New Moon was really good, or at least a lot better than Twilight, so I was very excited to see it. It was really good! I'm not that hard to please when it comes to movies, so I don't critically pick them apart the way a lot of people do. I just went to the movie with the expectation of being entertained, and I was.

After the movie, Chandra took me to Target so that I could do a little Christmas shopping and get a few things that I needed. It was fun -- I love shopping, especially at Target! I was hungry on the way home since I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast, and Chandra was really hungry too, so we picked up some McDonalds on the way home. I can't remember the last time I've had McDonalds, so it was really good. I know a lot of people don't like McDonalds, but I dearly love it! Big Macs are so good! All in all, yesterday was a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...