Friday, November 18, 2011

A Few More Thoughts

Thank you to all of the wonderful people who left a comment on my previous post as a "second birthday" present to me. I love comments, and it made my day to read them!

I had to go to the hospital today to have my cardiac pacemaker checked (since the company that had been doing the telephone pacemaker checks recently stopped doing them). Driving 50 minutes each way to the hospital for a 10 minute EKG really wasn't the way I wanted to spend a good portion of my day, but at least the weather was beautiful (albeit quite chilly and brisk) and the sun was shining, and I was with my BFF, (Mom).

Although I wasn't out doing anything exciting, or at home working on my computer (one of my favorite ways to spend my time), I just "rolled with the punches" (no pun intended) and enjoyed the ride. ;) I was grateful that on this afternoon of November 17, I was only at the hospital for something minor and at the end of the day I was able to go home.

Around 4 PM my mom was working on my bath and I jokingly asked her if this afternoon was a better afternoon than the afternoon of November 17 in 2003. She said, "Yes," as she sighed and wrapped her arms around my shoulders and laid her head on my chest. (That's the way we hug these days.) As she washed my face she said, "Eight years ago I couldn't do this [wash my face] for you. Your neck was so big and swollen and you had all sorts of tubes connected to you." I thought, "poor Mom!" as she said that because I can't imagine what that day must've been like for her. (If you want to read more about that day and what my family and I went through, click here and here. (I must admit, it's a pretty interesting story, if I do say so myself!) ;)

I'm so grateful for the gift of joy that my Heavenly Father has given me. That gift is truly what makes my life bearable. I give all the credit for my joy and other accomplishments to the Lord, because I know without Him I would most likely be a sad, bitter and angry person. Hooray for life and for all of the things I can do, however small they may be!!

One last thought. When I was leaving for the hospital today I told my younger sister Chandra to kiss me goodbye in case I got in a horrible accident. She said, "Aww… don't say that… that's so sad!" I said, "You never know, I just might come back walking!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...