Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mom's Birthday Slideshow

One of my hobbies is making slideshows, and I think I'm pretty good at it. Not in a professional kind of way, or anything, since I've seen amazing professional work that I can only dream of replicating, but more in an amateur way.

Sometimes when my friends and family have seen some of the projects I've made they'll say something like, "I don't know how she does it…" (meaning how I'm able to do things on my computer, like make slideshows). I'm not gonna lie, it's a lot of work! It usually takes me about two months to complete a slideshow from start to finish because I always try to make everything as perfect as possible and that requires time. Time to piece everything together and time to watch the slideshow over and over to make sure everything is just so.

My latest project was a surprise slideshow for my mom's 60th birthday. I had to wait until Mom was out running errands or grocery shopping to work on the slideshow and I spent a lot of late nights working on it after she had gone to bed. It turned out really well, if I do say so myself. I always maintain that I know I've done a good job if someone's crying when the slideshow ends, and Mom's definitely has shed a few tears each time she's watched it. It was a lot of work, but I'm glad I could make a slideshow to honor my mom and best friend as she reached another milestone birthday.

If you have 12 spare minutes, take a look and let me know have you think I did!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful birthday tribute! Fantastic job!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...