Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Brother Bret

The night before Thanksgiving I got an e-mail from one of my dearest friends, Bret, saying that he and his wife were going to be spending Thanksgiving in Branson, Missouri, and he asked if he could come visit the day after Thanksgiving. I replied immediately with an enthusiastic, "Yes!" Bret moved to Cheyenne, Wyoming several years ago after he got married and although Branson is none too close to the town where I live, it's a lot closer than Cheyenne! So on Friday Bret made the drive to visit my mom, Chandra and me while his wife went shopping with her mom and sisters. Branson is a good four hours away, so I'd say that Bret's eight hour round trip said "love" (especially since he could only visit for two hours).

It was wonderful to catch up with Bret. He's one of the best people I know. He's so kind, respectful and sweet and the sort of person that would doyou just about anything for anyone. I grew up with six sisters and have always wondered what it would be like to have a brother. After I met Bret I decided that IF I'd been blessed with a brother, I would've wanted him to be like Bret. (Hence his nickname – "Brother Bret.")

I always like to take pictures to document life and I knew it would be tough to get a serious shot with Bret in the picture! These first two pictures are classic Bret, but we were able to get some good pics, too. Love this guy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...