Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"Lincoln"

Last Saturday I went to the movies with my Uncle Paul (and Mom and Chandra) to see Lincoln. A few weeks ago when I heard that Paul was thinking of visiting for Thanksgiving I told him that seeing Lincoln together would be a must if he came since I thought it looked like a movie that would be up both our alleys.

I've always been a fan of Abraham Lincoln and my admiration of him and appreciation for all that he did for the United States grows the more I learn about him. This past spring I read the book Killing Lincoln and really enjoyed learning more about the assassination plot since it's a major part of US history. (A sad, unfortunate bit of history, but history nonetheless.) Then this past August I went to the Lincoln Museum in Springfield, Illinois, with my mom, sister Chandra and two of our friends. The museum is amazing and taught me even more about Lincoln than I previously knew. So after reading the book and visiting the museum I was really excited to see the movie.

I have to admit that my excitement didn't keep me from falling asleep during the movie several times! (As the Bible says, "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.) ;) The movie was fantastic and I loved Daniel Day-Lewis as Lincoln and Sally Field as Mary Todd Lincoln. They both did a great job and I won't be surprised if either or both of them receive an Oscar nod for their portrayals.

I saw this on Facebook and I thought it was rather humorous in a dark way:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...