Thursday, January 14, 2016

Elizabeth's 15th Birthday

My niece Elizabeth turned 15 on December 27. I remember when Elizabeth turned five and Sharon said, "I can't believe I'm the mother of a five-year-old!" Now it's 10 years later, and she has a 15-year-old and three more kids in addition to the three she had at that time. Time flies!
After dinner we gathered in the family room, and Elizabeth opened her presents. I'm pretty sure she got everything she asked for, which isn't hard to accomplish when you have a modest list! The first picture below is another one of Rachel's thoughtful gifts:
Two days after Elizabeth's birthday, Sharon, Chandra and I took Elizabeth and Kate to the movies to see Mockingjay part 2 (this was another of Elizabeth's birthday presents). We've gone to the movies to see several of the previous Hunger Games movies together, so it was only right that we finish the series together! I enjoyed the movie, but I have to admit that I was ready to be finished with these movies. The last book was my least favorite of the three. I don't know if it's just because I'm getting older, but I just don't enjoy teen fiction novels/series as much as I once did. The movie outing was fun, though, so I'm glad everything worked out so that we could see the movie together.

It was really bright outside, hence my squinty face!
Christian came to the movie with us, and he was good as gold! Chandra had him in her wrap and he slept most of the time. During the time he was awake, he ate once, looked around a little bit, and then went back to sleep. He didn't make a peep!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...