Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Graduation, 10 Years Later

I can't believe it's already been 10 years since I graduated high school! What a difference a decade makes! I certainly wouldn't have thought this is where my life would've taken me. I didn't know how my life would play out, but I just assumed that I would be married with several kids by now. This obviously isn't how things have played out. 18 short months after graduating high school and gaining independence, I was in a car accident that's left me paralyzed from the neck down for the rest of my earthly days. Sometimes when people meet me or find out about my situation they actually apologize to me, and tell me how sorry they are, but I always assure them that I'm okay. I'm sure it's hard for them to believe, but I've done really well and I daresay I'm one of the happiest people you'll find despite not having the normal life I always hoped and dreamed of.

Here are two pictures of me from the day I graduated high school. The first is of my mom and me, and the second is me with my grandparents. The next picture is very similar to the picture of me with my grandparents, except it's my mom on the day of her college graduation with her mom and dad. It's usually hard for me to see the resemblance between my family members and myself, but I think I kind of look like my mom in this picture. I thought it would be fun to post these two pictures next to each other on my blog.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love these pictures! YOU are happy and amazing! Don't you ever forget that! I love following you on this blog. I feel like we have always been friends! Even though I will turn 40 in 6 days, and you are a little Spring chicken! :) Have a great week! ~Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

Sweet pictures...continue spreading JOY!

Kathy

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...