Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm in love!

I recently mentioned that my sister Kristin and her family came to live with my mom and me earlier this month while her husband looks for a job. Kristin has four boys and it's been so fun to get to know them, especially since I really didn't know them at all before this summer. I don't have much experience with little boys, (or a least I didn't before this summer) but it's been so wonderful to be around these little boys. They're sure different from my nieces, which is what I'm used to since my two oldest sisters each have four girls. The way the boys play and the way they interact with each other and with me is so different from the way girls play and interact with each other. I always thought I preferred girls over boys, but now I have to admit that I'm completely impartial! I love my little nephews so much and I feel so blessed to be able to have four of them living with me for a little while. On that same note...

School started last week, and Kristin's oldest son Kaleb started first grade. It was unexpectedly hard for school to start because I really miss Kaleb being around all day. This must be what moms experience when their kids start back to school each year. It's getting better now, but it was just so different those first few days of school last week. I just like having all the boys around all the time!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had 2 boys myself and now have 5 grandsons. I also love the different interactions between girls and boys.

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...