Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A touch of irony

In the late 90's my mom started donating money to an organization called Paralyzed Veterans of America. They would send pretty address labels, calendars and greeting cards to thank my mom for her contribution. I thought the address labels were so pretty, so I decided to start donating money to the paralyzed veterans (I was 18 or 19 years old). I think it's funny that a year or so later I became paralyzed! To this day I'm still donating to the paralyzed veterans and will continue to do so, but I think I'll think twice about donating to other organizations in the future.... just kidding!

1 comments:

Loretta Valenta said...

This made laugh out loud about thinking twice to donating to other oragizations! We too donate to Paralyzed Veteran's of America -- it's a great cause! :)

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...