Thursday, January 27, 2011

Go Gabby!

I can really relate to Gabrielle Giffords – the congresswomen who was shot in the Tucson shooting on January 8. No, I've never been shot in the head, and Gabby wasn't paralyzed in a car accident, however, we've both been through tragic accidents that have left us physically damaged. I've heard a lot about Gabby and her medical condition on the news. She's making miraculous progress, which is great.

Earlier this week she was moved to a rehabilitation hospital in Texas. I can't help but think back to seven years ago when I went to a rehab hospital in Atlanta, Georgia. Gabby is going to have months of rehab ahead of her, and most likely a lifetime of health issues, but if her track record so far is any indication of how she will do him rehab, then I predict she will do very well.

It's crazy to think how your life can change so dramatically in an instant, and how it can impact you every day for the rest of your life. No one ever thinks they're going to be involved in a life-changing accident, but once it happens it changes everything.
I'm pulling for you, Gabby, and hope you keep making miraculous progress!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...