Friday, June 17, 2011

Aging and wisdom

One thing about life that we all have in common is that each of us get a little bit older each day. Here are two thoughts that I have about aging, one good and one slightly depressing. I'll get the depressing thought over with first. I have to admit that physically aging is something that really scares me, especially now that I am paralyzed. It's hard enough for me to imagine aging, but throw in the fact that I'm severely disabled and I start to sweat just wondering what is going to go wrong and when. I'm just bracing myself for the inevitable breakdowns and repairs that loom in my future.

A bright side to aging is that the older we get, the wiser we get. I definitely feel smarter now than I did 10 years ago because of the little things that I pick up every day. I think my mom is so smart. She seems to know at least a little bit about everything! My mom says that she thinks her mom (my grandma) is the smartest woman she knows. They are both super smart and I hope that I keep accumulating little bits of knowledge so that one day I will be as smart as they are.

1 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I guess we all have these thoughts about aging. I know we are all different, some age gracefully...I wish I could but??

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...