Monday, December 5, 2011

True Christmas Spirit

Today I wanted to write a post about the true meaning of Christmas and why it's important to me. Some of the fun aspects of Christmas are shopping, giving/receiving gifts, making/eating Christmas goodies, holiday parties and get-togethers, Christmas trees and decorations, snow, Christmas cards, hot chocolate, etc. The list could go on and on.

But what is the true meaning of Christmas and how does it apply to us? A lot of people might be thinking, "Duh, that's a no-brainer" however, there are a lot of people in the world who either don't believe in God and His son Jesus Christ, or don't know who Jesus Christ is or why He is so very important to all of us.

Jesus Christ is the son of God, and he lived 2000 years ago. He lived a perfect life, but He made the selfless choice to suffer for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane and ultimately be put to death on the cross. That ultimate sacrifice was for each and every one of us (collectively AND individually). I'm so glad I KNOW this because let's face it, the world's a scary enough place on a good day and it would truly be a dark abyss without the knowledge that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer.

During the Christmas devotional last night, my church unveiled a really neat website that you can access by clicking here. There are some extremely well-made videos about the birth and life of Jesus Christ that are definitely worth your time! Here's a sampling:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...