Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pool and Cemetery

There's nothing like cool water to make a hot, July day in the Midwest a little more pleasant! Sharon brought this inflatable pool for her kids to enjoy, and they definitely did. The pool helped to keep the kids occupied for a couple of afternoons, which was nice so that the adults could get a much needed nap/quiet time!
One of the other outings Sharon and the kids took was to the cemetery to see my dad's grave. I've mentioned it before, but I absolutely love the cemetery where my dad is buried. It's so peaceful and such a pretty place. And it's close, too (less than five minutes away from my house). The kids always have lots of fun at the cemetery because it's a great place to take a walk and look at the different headstones. (Some of them are quite interesting!)
Walking down to the section of the cemetery where the babies are buried:
 Grave of the son of one of our family friends:
I thought this picture of Emi was so cute. She was mesmerized by the pinwheel!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful cemetery Heather. You must miss your dad so much? My mom has been gone for twelve years and some days I still miss her like crazy!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...