Wednesday, September 22, 2010

20/20

Last Friday I went to the eye doctor for my annual eye exam. It was very fortunate that I went in when I did because I had an eye infection on my left cornea called an infiltrate. I was a little surprised since I hadn't been experiencing any pain, vision loss or anything like that. My doctor estimated that the infection had only been going on for a week or so and was a result of sleeping in contracts. (For the past six years I've been wearing the Focus Night & Day lenses that you can sleep in.) My doctor said that she doesn't want me to sleep in my contacts anymore, so that's disappointing because that means my mom will have to take them out every night and put them back in every morning. This isn't a big deal, just an annoyance. Oh well, I know I've got to take care of my eyes.

One silver lining about this eye infection and not being able to sleep in my contacts anymore is that it's a good excuse to get new glasses. I've had the same glasses for the past 10 years, so I think it's time to upgrade to something that's a bit more current. Plus, my prescription has changed considerably in the past 10 years, so I can't see well out of my glasses at all!

Yesterday afternoon my mom and my sister Kristin came with me to my follow-up appointment. Fortunately my infection had cleared up and the white spot on my cornea had gone away. I picked out some new frames with the help of my mom and my sister, and I can't wait to get them next week. It will be great to be able to see clearly, even when I'm not wearing my contacts.

Sometimes I wonder what it would've been like to live in the "olden days" before there were things like glasses and contacts. I bet people just thought that they were slowly going blind. I have really poor vision, and I can't imagine having to live life not seeing!

I can't wait for the day when I have a resurrected body. One of the many reasons is to have perfected eyes so that I can see in perfect 20/20!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...