Monday, October 3, 2011

Heathergems

I love buying gifts for people. I much rather give than receive, and I put a lot of thought into the gifts that I buy for others. In my previous post I wrote about the present I bought my mom for her birthday (a heathergem pendant necklace). It's so neat that it deserves it's own post.

A few months ago I was watching the show How It's Made (a fascinating show on the Discovery Channel that shows how things are made) and they were showing how heathergems are made. At that point I'd never heard of a heathergem before, but I thought it was so neat. Basically, heathergems are made in Scotland out of dried stalks of heather plants. They are really beautiful, and no two heathergems are alike because of the way they are made.

I looked them up online after I saw that clip of them being made on TV. I ordered my mom a necklace with a heathergem pendant. I was hoping it would look as good in person as it did online, and I wasn't disappointed. I couldn't wait to give the necklace to my mom for her birthday because I knew she would love it. I'm so glad I was able to find such a unique gift for my mom, and what makes it even better is that my name is Heather!

Here's a video clip showing how heathergems are made. This clip isn't as interesting as the one that was on How It's Made, but I wasn't able to find the original clip.  

1 comments:

Amy Walker said...

Heather thank you so much for sharing, this is such a neat gift for someone special. I ordered one for my mom's birthday today:)

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...