Monday, October 3, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

This past weekend was wonderful. It was my church's semi-annual General Conference in Salt Lake City, so we watched the broadcast on TV. It's wonderful to be able to hear talks from the leaders of our church and to watch the broadcast in the comfort of our own home.

On Sunday morning we invited our friend's family over to watch with us, as well as my sister Laura and her family. We had a yummy brunch of caramel pecan rolls, orange rolls with cream cheese/orange marmalade filling and fresh fruit with fruit dip. The food was wonderful, the talks were wonderful and it was wonderful to spend time with family and friends.

Yesterday happened to be my mom's birthday, as well, so that made the day even more special. We had fun celebrating with my mom and I hope she felt special.

Chandra always makes the cutest homemade birthday cards. Here's the one she made for Mom:
Pretty purple flowers  from Kellie:
This is what I thought my mom for her birthday. It's a heathergem pendant necklace. Don't know what a heathergem is? I didn't either until a few months ago. Heathergems are so neat, so they are going to get their very own blog post, so stay tuned!
My sister Laura made our mom a carrot cake which is what my mom always has for her birthday. I'm not a fan of carrot cake, but everyone else enjoyed it. My mom turned 59 yesterday, but we didn't have a "9" candle, so mom settled for being 50 again, which was just fine with her because she said that 50 was her favorite age.
 

I hope my mom enjoys her 59th year. When I asked Mom how she fells about turning 59, she said that she's "almost old." (My mom said she'll consider herself "old" at 60. She said not that 60 is old for other people, but she thinks it will be old for her.) I know how she feels because I think the same thing about turning 30 in a few years. 30 isn't old for other people, but I will feel old when I'm 30!

3 comments:

*Elizabeth* said...

Yay! Happy birthday to your mom! She is so beautiful. That necklace is very pretty too!

I can't believe you don't like carrot cake!! too bad...

Karen Mortensen said...

Wish I could have been there. I would have eaten your piece of carrot cake. I love it.
Happy Birthday to your mom.

Hannah said...

My mum just turned 59 too and she says she's not having a birthday until the year AFTER next (when she'll be 61) because she doesn't want to think about being 60! Your mum looks beautiful and so good for that age (which is a compliment, I promise!). H x

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...