Thursday, June 17, 2010

A former obsession

When my sister Sharon was in town visiting a few weeks ago we went to the movies and were reminiscing about old times on the drive up and back. I was telling Sharon's friend Shellie about my obsession with Leonardo DiCaprio when I was in eighth grade. (I really was obsessed!) I remember begging my parents to let me see Titanic. They finally relented, and my dad took me and my sisters Annette and Kristin to see it.

Now that I'm older and wiser, I look back at my 13-year-old self and I see just how silly I was! If I were a 13-year-old girl right now, though, I'm sure I would have a similar obsession with the Twilight stars, or something like that. It's funny to reflect back on my life and remember what it was like to be a kid.

My love for Leo is something I definitely haven't lived down, because my sisters and friends still tease me about it today! And just for the record, I'm still a huge DiCaprio fan, but not for the same reasons. I think he is such an amazing actor, and the movie that I love him in most is Catch Me If You Can -- his portrayal of Frank Abagnale Jr. is so good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...