Thursday, June 17, 2010

Purple feet

Sometimes when I wear flip-flops or shoes that show my feet people will notice that my feet have a slightly purpleish hue, and they'll say something like, "Oh, your feet must be so cold!" No, they aren't cold, thank you very much! I just have poor circulation, partly due to my spinal cord injury and partly due to the fact that I'm always in a sitting position and I'm not up walking around, so the blood tends to pool in my feet. I know that people are only concerned for me, but I can't help but feel slightly irritated when people worry about my "cold feet." When people ask me if my feet are all right I liken it to asking a pregnant woman if she's carrying twins because she's so large.

So yes, my feet may appear slightly purple, but I assure you they are just fine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...