Friday, June 18, 2010

The timetable of trials

I was recently talking to a friend about the trials and challenges we face in life. I told my friend that I think it's easier to endure and get through a trial if you know how long you're going to be tested. For example, I told my friend that I know that I'm in it for the long-haul when it comes to my physical trial of being paralyzed. I know that I'm going to be paralyzed (and all that it entails) for the rest of my life. This trial won't end until the day I die. This may sound pessimistic, but I'm only being realistic.

My friend thought it was interesting that I find it helpful to know how long a particular trial is going to last. Personally, if I know a trial is going to be lifelong, or if a trial is going to last X number of months/years, it helps me manage my load.

Earthly life is so long and yet so short at the same time. It's truly going to be over in the blink of an eye. However, this doesn't seem like much of a consolation when we are in the midst of a trial, and the road seems especially long. However, what makes life easier to bear is knowing that something incredible is waiting for me just around the corner. This isn't just a hope -- I know it is. That's why "keep your eye on the prize" is my personal mantra.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...