Monday, October 11, 2010

The Karate Kid x 5

It might be hard for you to believe, but I'd never seen The Karate Kid until last month. Actually, I'm pretty sure my family saw this movie in the movie theater when I was a kid, but I don't have any recollection of this. I was inspired to watch The Karate Kid movies when I found out that a remake of the original movie was coming out. I watched the first movie a few weeks ago, and then I went on to watch The Karate Kid Part II, The Karate Kid Part III, and even The Next Karate Kid. I have to admit that I liked all of the movies, but The Karate Kid Part II was my least favorite.

All of this Karate Kid movie watching was to prepare myself to watch the new Karate Kid movie that came out on DVD last week. I was glad that I had watched all of the old movies recently because I was familiar with them and with the story. I thought that the new movie was fairly true to the original, although it did differ in some significant ways, one big way in particular is that there is no karate in this movie, only kung fu. (I kind of wonder why they didn't call it The Kung Fu Kid, or something else altogether.) Also, the main boy in this movie was only 12, and the main boy in the other movies started out as a 15-year-old boy who turns 16. All in all, I think this was a pretty good remake, even though there were obvious differences from the original.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...