Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Disappointment Cookies

When I was a little girl my mom would make cookies on a weekly basis so that she would have a treat to put in the sack lunches she packed for us to take to school. She'd make all different kinds – chocolate chip, peanut butter, snickerdoodles, sugar cookies and one of my lesser favorites, "disappointment" cookies. (Aptly named by my older sister Sharon.) What is a disappointment cookie, you might ask? Disappointment cookies are basically like chocolate chip cookies, but they have a combination of chocolate chips AND raisins in them.

I've never been a fan of raisins in cookies, especially when I was a kid. If you are anything like me, I'm sure you can imagine the disappointment of biting into a cookie thinking you're getting a chocolate chip, only to find out that it was in fact a raisin. Need I say more?!

I have another funny story from back in the day related to cookies, but it's getting late, so I think I'll save it for tomorrow. Stay tuned!

1 comments:

Laura said...

Like I said last night--raisins have NO place in baked goods like cookies. It's just wrong.

Brett frequently uses the phrase "disappointment cookies!" when something turns out to be disappointingly not what he expected, all thanks to my stories about disappointment cookies growing up. :D

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...