Tuesday, August 4, 2009

8th coolest July on record! (for St. Louis)

July ended a few days ago, so that means that summer is about half over. Hard to believe! I heard on the news that St. Louis had its eighth coolest summer on record. It only got up to 90° four times in July. July is usually the warmest month of the year, and since I live in the Midwest, it usually gets pretty steamy and sultry! However, it really hasn't been too unbearable this year.

We've been having the most delightful weather. We were able to turn our air conditioning off most nights, and when we woke up in the mornings it was actually chilly! There were a couple nights when I forgot to have a blanket put on me and I downright froze! Our house would stay nice and cool all day, and there were quite a few days when the air conditioning didn't run at all, or if it did, not for very long.

My family went to a barbecue in the park on the Fourth of July, and I was actually chilly and under a light blanket most of the time! I'm not complaining because I really have been enjoying the lovely, unseasonably cool weather this summer. It's been a nice change; although, I have to admit that I don't really mind hot weather, either. The thing I don't like is the humidity; when you feel like you're suffocating when you step outside! Fortunately, we haven't had too many of those days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...