Thursday, August 6, 2009

Movie, dinner and "poppin' tags!!”

Yesterday I went out with my friend Lacee and my sister Chandra (Chan/Channie) to see a movie. There really weren't any new movies that I wanted to see, so I decided to go to the dollar theater. (It's actually three dollars!) I gave my friend Lacee a list of three or four movies that I'd be okay seeing, and then I let her pick the one she wanted to see the most. She picked "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian." I remember seeing the first movie a couple years ago, and I thought it was cute, but not fantastic.

Anyhow, the movie started about 4, and it wasn't long before I was really tired! I tried my hardest to stay awake, but I did fall asleep a couple of times! ;) I still got the gist of the movie, though. It was a bit cheesier than the first one, but still cute. (And I like the fact that Amy Adams was in this one. She's so cute!)

After the movie, I wanted to go to the mall since we were just across the street from it. (There were a few things that I wanted to get, and I couldn't resist since we were so close by.) I suggested that we eat at the mall food court, so that's what we did for dinner. I got some delicious chicken teriyaki from Sarku Japan. There was so much of it that I had quite a bit to take home. There was a Dippin' Dots vending machine right next to our table, so I even had Banana Split Dippin' Dots for my dessert!

The mall wasn't busy at all, so Lacee asked me if I wanted to look around anywhere else. Since my accident I haven't liked to go to public places that are really busy -- I don't like crowds because I always feel like I'm in the way. Another one of my "fears" is seeing people that knew me before my accident. (I'll try to explain that in a later post!) All that being said, I've become much more adventurous in recent years, because there was a time not too long ago where I said I would never go to Wal-Mart or the mall again until I could step foot in them! Well, I'm still not walking, but I've gone to both Wal-Mart and the mall, so that tells you how much I've changed!

We DID go shopping for a little bit and we had a nice time, so I'm glad that I've gone back on my vow to never go to the mall again. I've always been the kind of girl who loves shopping, so I guess it was just a matter of time. :) Oh yeah, Chandra told me that "poppin' tags" is a slang term for spending a lot of money. I'd never heard that expression before and I thought it was funny.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, Heather!!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...