Monday, December 20, 2010

Brownie biscotti and hot chocolate

On Sunday afternoon my sister Kristin made a new treat for me to try. It's one of her favorites that she likes to have every year during the Christmas season. She made brownie biscotti. I've never had biscotti before, but it's basically a long, crunchy cookie. Although this cookie was crunchy, it was really good and it was fun to dip in hot chocolate. (The hot chocolate soaked into the biscotti, softened it and melted the white chocolate chips that were in it.) Here's a picture of it:
After dinner we pulled recliners from the family room into my room so that we could have a movie night with Kristin's boys. (I was already back in my bed, plus, I have a bigger TV in my room than in the family room.) We watched The's Muppet's Christmas Carol. I hadn't ever seen it before, but it's one of Kristin's family's favorites. It was very cute and we all enjoyed it.

I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to make memories with Kristin and her family, especially now that Scott got a job and Kristin's family will be moving to California a few days after Christmas.

3 comments:

justme said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I LOVE your blog! I got the link from a Blogher posts a few days ago, started from the beginning, and read through every post! If you get a chance to post one of the awesome recipes (Kristen's biscotti really caught my eye, but I LOVE all of her creative holiday treats) then please go to my new site on facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=c773c4be0a27164a9882ff8259596a39&#!/pages/Wendys-2011-Recipe-Cookbook/166997546675371

Again, I really enjoy reading! I have no doubt you will make it to your movie goal, since you are on 24!!!!

Happy holidays, from a reader who really enjoys your writing!

~ Wendy

Anonymous said...

I too love your blog! You are like a little ray of sunshine to my day ♥

Anna-Therese said...

I love reading your blog, Heather. Kristin's creations all sounds so wonderful and put me in the mood for baking (so it'd be amazing if she'd let you post a few of her recipes on here!) Have a brilliant & blessed Christmas with your family. With love from England x

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...