Wednesday, December 29, 2010

White Christmas

One of my favorite things about winter is snow. I love it so much and how it transforms the world into an even more beautiful place. It doesn't seem like we get near as much snow as we used to, and we've had way too many green Christmases in the past 10–15 years. In my opinion every Christmas should be white, but it just doesn't happen that way very often anymore. That being said, I was very excited when snow was in the forecast for Christmas Eve.

It was snowing when I woke up on Christmas Eve and it snowed off and on all day. It was so wonderful to be able to look out and see the snow falling. We didn't get a lot of snow, probably only four or five inches, but it was enough to cover the grass and coat the trees. I was so thankful for the snow and that it happened on Christmas Eve because it made it seem a lot more like Christmas!

My nieces and nephews loved the snow and had a lot of fun playing in it, especially my nieces that live in Mississippi where they only get a dusting of snow once in a blue moon. It was also my brother-in-law Brett's first white Christmas ever since he grew up in California and hasn't lived in St. Louis very long. I think he had just as much fun, if not more playing in the snow than the kids did!

Here are a few pictures of our white Christmas. This is what I woke up to when my mom lifted up the shade on Christmas Eve:


1 comments:

Jaime Leigh said...

I was just thinking the other day about when Me, you and Michelle went sledding down our front yard on black garbage bags. I wonder if we still have that video somewhere. How fun!! :) I'm glad you had such a great Christmas with your family!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...