Thursday, December 23, 2010

Kindred spirits

This is a picture of me and my friend Kate:We met for the first time earlier this summer and saw each other on two separate occasions, just for a few minutes each time. Kate is originally from St. Louis, however, she lives in Draper, Utah, where she teaches school.

Kate later "friended" me on Facebook, and then we started following each other's blogs and have gotten to know each other better by reading past posts we've each made on our blogs. We've also become e-mail "penpals" and have been e-mailing each other a few times a week for the past several months. We've got a lot in common and we both enjoy each other's friendship.

Kate came home for Christmas last weekend and she came over to visit me at my house yesterday. It was great to be able to see her and spend some actual face-to-face time together for a change!

5 comments:

Kate said...

So good to see you too! I really like this picture of the two of us. I'm hoping to blog myself about our visit in a few days. And your title really proves we are kindred spirits, because that's what I was going to name my post too! ha I probably still will...

Unknown said...

Heather,

Small World! I am from Draper. I was born and raised there. The town I live in now is ten minutes away from Draper.

Anonymous said...

Two inspiring women for sure!

Anonymous said...

Hi:

I recently joined up with paralyzedwithjoy.blogspot.com.
I'm planning to go looking round a lttle bit and interact with interesting individuals and discover several facts.


I hope this didn't end up in an inappropriate section. I'm hoping you'll forgive me if it does.

--------------------

WALDO MCKNIGHT
Logging Worker Supervisor

Laura said...

Hey, Heather, I just found out that your friend Kate knows my sister-in-law, Melanie! Small world, right?

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...