Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tragedy for the Hawkins family

As I mentioned in my previous post, my sister Kristin and her family left for California this past Tuesday. Tragedy struck on Tuesday night around midnight when someone stole the trailer that they were using to transport their possessions. They lost everything! They had everything that meant most to them packed in that trailer. It makes me so sad for Kristin's kids because they not only lost most of their toys, but they also lost their new Christmas presents. I can't imagine what a devastating blow that must be to a child!

Kristin and her family also lost just about all of their clothing. Scott is supposed to be starting his new job on January 10, but he only has a few pairs of old jeans and some old shirts to wear to work. Kristin loves cooking and all of her specialized equipment that she uses to bake and cook is gone, too.

Most of their possessions can be replaced, but it's going to be such a financial hardship on them. There were several priceless and irreplaceable things that they lost as well. The saddest thing that they lost was the piano that my dad bought for my mom 30 years ago. Kristin loves playing the piano, so my mom decided to give it to Kristin since she enjoys playing the piano so much. It makes me sick to think about all of the things that my sister's family lost! This couldn't have happened to better people.

I'm wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me replace some of her family's belongings, especially things for her kids since they lost all of their clothes, toys and Christmas presents. It would be great if people could find it in their hearts to spread some belated Christmas cheer to Kristin's family. Let me know if you're interested in donating some money or things to the cause!

(Of course I see the silver lining that everyone is safe, that their van is okay, etc., but they need prayers and help at this time. Thanks!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...