Saturday, December 18, 2010

Movie #24

I saw my 24th movie of the year today. My sisters Kristin and Chandra and our friend Vanessa went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. When the first Harry Potter book was made into a movie in 2001, I was so excited! I couldn't wait to see the movie, but after I did, I felt slightly let down. I really enjoyed the movie, but I got increasingly more and more disappointed with the following movies, and they just didn't fill me with enchantment and excitement like the first movie did. I really didn't care about seeing the Harry Potter movies after the first one, but I stuck with the movies and fortunately they eventually started getting better. (I think it was just too hard to fit a book so long and complex into a two-hour movie and have it still make sense.)

I thought Harry Potter #5 was pretty good and Harry Potter #6 was really good. (Entertaining as well as staying fairly true to the books.) I'm pleased to report that Harry Potter #7 was also very good/exciting. I can't wait to see part two next summer. It's hard to wait since I'm looking forward to seeing how this series wraps up, but I am glad that they decided to split this final book into two movies so that they don't have to cut out and/or change the book as much.)

Only one more left!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...