Monday, December 6, 2010

Tis the season

This past weekend my sister Kristin made more of her holiday cupcakes. (She has several different cupcakes for different holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) Over the past several years she's e-mailed me in-depth descriptions of her different cupcakes and treats, but now it's finally nice to be able to see them in person and taste them! She makes the best chocolate cake (that's what the cupcake is made out of) and it's so fun to eat them when they are decorated so cutely!

Here are some pictures of Kristin's snowman cupcakes: This is another festive dessert that Kristin recently made for my book club treat.It's a holiday peppermint cheesecake with a bittersweet chocolate ganache on top. It was amazing! The bittersweet chocolate complemented the peppermint cheesecake really well. Kristin always goes above and beyond to make her desserts visually pleasing as well as palette pleasing and cutting a piece and putting it on a plate is never enough for her! This time Kristin made little white chocolate snowflakes to put in the dollop of cool whip frosting on top of the cheesecake and finished it off by sprinkling some peppermint baking bits on top. It truly was a masterpiece and looked too good to eat, but I still managed, as hard as it was! :)

6 comments:

Jen@Because I can said...

Yeah, that cheesecake was amazing! My mouth is watering just looking at the picture!

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

She is so amazing! She needs to write a cookbook--with pictures!

Amanda said...

Wow, you should get her to write a cookbook or maybe she'd let you post some recipes :0) They look delicious!

Cinoda said...

OMG, I've gained 5 pounds just looking at your web page today!
.
Also, just wanted to say, as someone who has a severe illness, I find you to be so uplifting and positive. I try to use your inspriation on a daily basis.

Jackie said...

Thise cupcakes are fab!! What are the snowmen's noses made from?

Heather (Paralyzed with JOY!) said...

The noses are made out of orange starbursts. You heat one in the microwave for a few seconds, then you cut off a tiny piece of the starburst and mold it into the shape of a tiny nose.

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...