Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"To Kill a Mockingbird"


Last night was my book club and we discussed To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I've read this book several times, and each time I read it I love it more and more. 

This book was originally published in 1960, and just has so many good life lessons in it. My favorite theme in this book is that you can't judge a person until you've walked around in their skin. Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone could think this way?! The world would surely be a much different and better place.

This book has a broad variety of characters in it which adds to the depth and themes of the book. Racism, prejudice, mental illness, drug addiction, etc.

This book was made into a movie in 1962, and the movie is wonderful. Check it out here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...