Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Shrinkage


Have you noticed how everything seems to be getting smaller? Let me give you an example. My mom bought a box of vanilla wafers last week for a dessert that she was making. I can't remember the last time I'd eaten a vanilla wafer (it's been at least 10 years) so I wanted to try one to see if it tasted like I remembered. I was shocked when I saw the vanilla wafer because it had gotten so small! It looked tiny! I mentioned this to my two younger sisters, so  they took a look at the vanilla wafers, and they were equally as surprised as I was, so it's not just me.


Everything seems to be getting smaller these days while at the same time getting more expensive. Here are some other things I've noticed shrinking in the past several years: Reese's peanut butter cups and other candy bars, Oreos, Girl Scout cookies, not to mention the actual packages of things like a box of cold cereal, bag of chips, carton of ice cream, etc. There are so many other examples, but these are the first ones that popped into my head.

Several months ago my family and I got some Chinese takeout, and sure enough, the portions were smaller. The crab rangoon and egg rolls were noticeably smaller. But you guessed it – the prices had gone up! 

You just don't get as much 'bang for your buck' anymore. It's sad, but unfortunately true! So don't be surprised when you go to the store expecting THIS, but you only get THIS!

3 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I believe we are all noticing the products getting smaller yet prices going up...

Mershara said...

Agreed! The quality is also poor. I purchased a box this week and the wafers are noticeably thinner.

Unknown said...

YES! I found your post as I just opened up a box to make a dessert and thought I'd look up if anyone else thought the same. Smaller, harder and not as much of a vanilla taste from what I remember them tasting like. Sooooo disappointed!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...