Friday, February 3, 2012

Because I'm Worth It!

Today my mom and I went shopping in search of a new recliner for me. The one I have now is about eight years old, which really isn't that old for furniture, but my recliner gets a lot of use since that's the chair I sit in when I'm at home. (I sit in a recliner when I'm at home because that's more comfortable than my wheelchair, and I only use my wheelchair when I leave the house.)

My recliner is by no means on its last leg or anything and it's still in really good condition and very comfortable, but several pieces of hard plastic have broken off the underside of the recliner. (I think this plastic is covering the wheels that glide in the metal frame to make the chair recline/sit up.) The recliner has also started making creaking noises recently when people plop down in it which makes me nervous because I don't want to be up a creek if my recliner goes belly up. So I thought it was a good time to start looking for a new chair.

My mom and I went to Weekends Only (a discount furniture store that's only open on the weekend to help keep prices low). They had a really big selection of recliners, some nicer than others. Some of the recliners were downright ugly in either upholstery or style of chair, but there were three recliners that I really liked and was considering. One of them was a really pretty leather chair, but I scratched it off the list when my mom sat in it and said there was just something about it that wasn't quite comfortable. She said that next two recliners were very comfortable and I was grateful to have her be my "chair tester" since I obviously can't get out of my wheelchair to test them out myself.

One of the things I want in my new recliner is the option of having the legs in the "halfway" position (not all the way down, but not all the way up, either). Neither of the recliners at Weekends Only had the option of doing this, so I decided to head to the La-Z-Boy gallery which was conveniently right next door. The La-Z-Boy store was a much nicer store and as soon as my mom and I walked in the store I saw the recliner I wanted. It was a beautiful, brown leather chair that looks very nice. I decided to look around at the rest of the store to see if there was anything that I liked better, but there really wasn't. There was another recliner that I was considering, but I decided to stick with the one that I fell in love with at first sight.

SO, I bought a new recliner today! I was just going out to look, not really thinking I'd buy anything today, but since I found just what I wanted I decided to go for it. The color of leather I want isn't in stock and it has to be ordered, but my recliner should be delivered to my house around March 5, unless it comes in early. I'm so excited and I can't wait to sit in it! It cost a pretty penny, but I decided to get what I really wanted and that will be really comfortable since I will use it on a daily basis. And for the record, my mom gave the new recliner a 10 out of 10 when I asked her how comfortable it is so it should be nice and cushy on my body.

This isn't the exact recliner I bought, but it looks similar to mine (except the one I bought looks nicer):

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice chair! When I used a recliner, I like to be able to be in the sit up position too. Have a great day!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...