Thursday, February 2, 2012

Groundhog's Day… Fun but Dumb

Let's face it, Groundhog's Day is a really dumb holiday! I'm not even sure if you can call it a holiday, but we'll just go with it. Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning, so we're in for six more weeks of winter. That's fine with me since this winter really hasn't been all that bad. Don't get me wrong, I love snow and I wish we would've gotten more of it since we've only gotten a dusting, but if it's not going to snow, then I don't mind mild temperatures.

It's not so much the groundhog that I find silly, it's the men that get dressed up in their suits and top hats. Here's part of the little speech that was delivered by the man who had the honor of holding up the groundhog to the crowd. "As I look at the crowd on Gobbler's Knob, many shadows do I see. So six more weeks of winter it must be!" I know Groundhog's Day is just a fun tradition, but it really is so silly!
I don't care what the groundhog said, I can tell spring is right around the corner because I'm starting to be woken by the sound of birds in the morning. Oh, how I hate the sound of birds when I'm trying to sleep!

2 comments:

Laura said...

You are hilarious!! Silly holiday with great names like "Punxsutawney" and "Gobbler's Knob!"

Carol Ann said...

Hi Heather,
Nature thinks it is spring also, we have a ton of daffodills that are up about 6 inches and the lilacs are budding out. I just hope we don't get a freeze and kill all the flowers that are starting. That would be a bummer!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...