Saturday, April 16, 2011

Eyes and errands

I had a doctors appointment yesterday morning, but fortunately it was only an eye appointment so I didn't have to go all the way to the hospital. When I have appointments at the hospital it always makes for such a long day since I'm looking at a hour and half round trip car ride to and from the hospital in addition to waiting for the doctor, meeting with the doctor, etc. Anyway, my eye appointment went well and I was in and out in less than half an hour. Quick and painless – just the way I like it!

I also ran some errands while I was out yesterday. Target, Kohls and Walmart. I didn't have too much to get at each place, so it didn't take too long. My mom gets tired of shopping rather easily, but she hung in there and I was able to do all the things I needed to. It was a wonderful day, but the only pitfall was the wind! I hate it when my hair gets blown around because 1) I don't like my hair getting messed up and 2) I find it so embarrassing to enter a store with hair all over my face! I'm just sitting there with hair in my face and that makes me look completely helpless since there isn't anything I can do to fix it. The seconds tick by while I wait for whoever is with me to fix my hair after they fix themselves. Oh well, I know this is just a small thing. :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hi Heather. I found a link to your blog from my friend, Christina's (lifeparalyzed.blogspot.com).

I've read through a TON of your posts and just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog! You are so optimistic and your joy is almost contagious, even through the computer.

I also feel drawn to reading your posts because I read that you lost your father. I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I just lost my mom last November and my grief is still very raw. Hearing your point of view about loss is inspiring to me and reminds me that I will get through this difficult time.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself since I subscribed to your blog!

Erin (http://erinific.blogspot.com)

Diane said...

We had a fun time!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...