Thursday, April 28, 2011

The royal wedding, part 1

Tomorrow's the big day – the royal wedding! Are you excited? I know I am, and I'm not being sarcastic. Granted, I'm really sick of hearing about the wedding on the news, but I will be waking up at 5 AM to tune in and watch. It's something that is historical in a way, and I want to watch for myself so that I can blog about it and write about it in my journal. Then in 20 years when they ask, "Do you remember when Prince William married Kate Middleton?" I can say, "Yes," and reflect back on my memories of the "big day." (Kind of like the people that are looking back on when Prince Charles and Diana got married in 1981.)

I distinctly remember when Princess Diana died on August 31, 1997. It was a Saturday evening and my family and I were gathered in our family room watching Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. they interrupted the show to report breaking news. They showed footage of the car accident and reported on all of the details of what had happened. I remember getting up with my dad at five in the morning to watch Diana's funeral live on TV. It was something that I have fond memories of, even though it was a really sad occasion.

Back to the wedding… I really hope William and Kate will have a happy marriage. It seems like they are marrying for love, so I really wish them the best. I know that Kate isn't royalty, but I'm glad that she and William are getting married anyway. It doesn't seem like Charles and Diana were really in love, since Charles had been having a relationship with Camilla Parker, but she wasn't of noble birth and was divorced, so they weren't allowed to marry. Anyway, I really wish William and Kate all the luck and happiness in the world.

They really make a beautiful couple, don't they? I think Kate is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to watch all about the wedding on TV tomorrow to see all of the "top secret" things that have been kept under wraps.

2 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

I can't believe it but I just might watch it. It starts at 1AM here. I didn't watch Charles and Diana get married because I was in college. I did stay up and watch her funeral.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that it's such a big thing in the US too (if you think you're sick of hearing about it, trust me I've been sick of it for weeks here in England!). Lovely to watch though!

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback on my posts, so please leave me a comment!

If you have a question, feel free to email me at heather_i_johnson@yahoo.com so that I can respond to you directly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...